Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom. Of course the task will not be easy. But not to do this would be a crime against humanity, against which I ask all humanity now to rise up.
- Nelson Mandela -
To enlighten and inspire current and future generations to challenge and change the current economic systems and design a new sustainable system that progresses civilisation rather than hinders it.
Become familiar with New Economic ideas
Our current economic system is causing many social issues rather than solving them. It is well known that education is the answer to many of the world’s problems but starting off their careers with a mountain of student debts to pay is ludicrous. Education should be a free human right.
The Auriga website has been designed with 4 objectives in mind:
Increase awareness of world economic issues
Providing links to economic thought leaders
Provide resources for students and lecturers to promote new thinking
Facilitate connecting people with micro communities trialing new economic ways of life.
The following are suggested as possible ways for STUDENTS to proceed:-
1. Become experts on the current procedure of QUANTITATIVE EASING (QE) whereby NEW MONEY is at present being created Interest Free. This New Money could be used to make EDUCATION free for all students at schools and universities.
See the above website of an organisation in the UK doing this much needed educational campaigning.
2. Form working groups to proceed with ACTION at the institution at which you are studying with the aim of influencing as many other students as possible: at least to sign the on line PETITION to the present government regarding these issues.
3. Inform all staff at your institution regarding the relative ease with which FREE EDUCATION FOR ALL could become a reality in order to gain their support.
4 Write brief articles to be used in your awareness raising campaign.
5. Contact as many political parties operating within your institution and residential area as is possible, with a view towards establishing a consensus government at the next general election in 2019.
6. Expand expertise into understanding the the benefits of providing a UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME
7. Recognize the importance of how a UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME can be used to establish:
8. Investigate the organisation CASSE (Centre for the Advancement of a steady State Economy) and support their work.
9. Contact CASSE and inform them about the Auriga Website and the drive to promote a Steady State System in South Africa.